WxRemote Help > WxConnectionManager
This manages the connection between the WxRemote Control Center and all the instances of WxListener on the monitored computers.
Available as a command line program or as a Windows service, it can be installed on any computer with an available connection to WxListener and WxRemote Control Center installations.
To install WxConnectionManager
- Run downloaded program installation.
- Choose "WxConnectionManager" from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To edit WxConnectionManager configuration with user interface
- Use the WxConfig program
To edit WxConnectionManager configuration manually
- In the install directory (C:\Program Files\WxTools by default), locate and open the file WxConnectionManager.ini. You easily find it by choosing Explore Install Directory from the Windows Start menu program group.
- Edit this file and enter sections telling WxConnectionManager where it can find all your WxListeners. Each section looks like this:
[WxListener1] Alias=Localhost1 Server=localhost Port=12389Details
[WxListener1] - The section name. This must always start with "WxListener...", e.g. "WxListener1", "WxListener2", "WxListener3"...
Alias - Appears in the user interface but has no further significance.
Server - The name or IP address of the computer running WxListener.
Port - The TCP port you configured for WxListener.
- If WxConnectionManager is sharing a computer with WxListener, edit the .ini file to make them use different TCP ports.
- Make any other changes in the .ini file, e.g. the LogDirectory setting (enter something in the form "C:\WxTools\Logs").
To run WxConnectionManager as a Windows Service
- Start the file WxCM_Install.bat once. This adds a program to the Windows Services applet.
- Run WxCM_Start.bat to start it.
NB: If uninstalling the Windows Service version of WxConnectionManager, be sure to "unregister" it from the Windows Services applet first: Run WxCM_Stop.bat to stop it running, then WxCM_Uninstall.bat to unregister the service.
To run the command line version of WxConnectionManager
- Double-click WxConnectionManager.exe.